Order tracking & delivery update emails are a great way to bring return traffic to your Shopify store and increase repeat sales.
This article will show you the 8 must-have elements of an order tracking email update that will help you improve brand loyalty, customer lifetime value, and word of mouth.
Why Are Delivery Update Emails Important?
Order tracking emails are more than just a routine notification - they're an opportunity to extend your customer relationship and give shoppers a reason to come back to your brand for more.
Shopify brands using delivery tracking emails are able to boost the most important E-Commerce metrics that define business success:
Before going into the tips, it’s important to note that this goes for more than just shipping confirmation emails.
With Rush, you can create revenue-driving emails for way more delivery events than the standard Shopify ones, including:
8 Elements of Order Tracking Emails that Drive Repeat Sales
Don’t know how to build a delivery tracking email? Here are the 8 important details that every shipment email should have to maximize your chances to increase repeat business from customers who already bought from your store.:
- 1Highlight Your Order Tracking Link. Don’t miss the opportunity to drive traffic back to your beautifully crafted tracking page filled with upsells & cross-sells.
- 2Show the Estimated Delivery Date. Building trust with your customers is key. By providing an estimated delivery date, you unlock future possibilities and increase the chances of them coming back for more.
Add a "Recently Bought Together" Section. Cross-selling is most effective when done at the right time. Don't wait for the delivery to showcase relevant products—provide them in the palm of your customers' hands.
- 4Encourage Referrals. Your customers can become your best advocates. Encourage them to spread the word and reward both the referrer and the referee for fostering a friendly network. Friends of your friends will spend more.
- 5Provide Discounts on Future Purchases. Nurture your customer base post-purchase by offering discounts. They've already trusted you once; they'll likely order again when you make them feel valued.
- 6Ensure Responsive Design. Mobile-friendly email design is a must. Avoid looking unprofessional by sending transactional emails that seem outdated.
- 7Communicate Returns and Exchanges Policies. Answering all the questions a customer may have about returns and exchanges builds a prominent relationship and trust for the future.
- 8Stay on Brand. Consistency is key. Make sure your email templates are branded and lead to a beautifully crafted branded tracking page. This can work miracles, increasing click-through rates and boosting average order value.
Remember, every communication with your customer is an opportunity to showcase your brand, build trust, and turn one-time shoppers into returning customers who keep coming back for more. Implement these strategies, and watch your sales soar.
Rush has integrations with the most popular email marketing services on Shopify such as OrderlyEmails, Klaviyo, Omnisend, and more.
Create the delivery experience your customers dream about
Focusing on customer loyalty and lifetime value is never a mistake for E-Commerce businesses who want to survive during economic uncertainty and market turmoil. Use Rush to create way more opportunities to increase repeat business on Shopify and build lasting relationships with customers.